Cover Design Considerations
SoupTank's talented designers will work with you directly to clarify your vision to provide you with a one-of-a-kind, attractive cover.
AUTHOR PROVIDED GRAPHICS OR DESIGNS
If you wish, you may submit your own cover images, it will need to meet the minimum following requirements:
- TIFF (.tif) file format
- CMYK colorspace
- 300-dpi resolution
- Match the dimension of the final trim size, plus an 1/8” bleed on the top, right and bottom side.
- Written copyright permission from the creator (artist, photographer, etc.) to use the work on your book cover.
BACK COVER INFORMATION:
You will also need to include the following items with your submission for inclusion on the back book cover. All of these items are optional:
- Author bio (no more than 50 words)
- Marketing copy about your book (no more than 200 words)
- One to four published reviews (no more than 50 words each, including the credit line)
- A photo of the author that must meet the following minimum requirements:
TIFF (.tif) or JPEG (.jpg) format or Photoshop Flattened File
600 x 600 pixels (if JPEG)
2” x 2” printed size
CORRECTIONS & ADJUSTMENTS
Two rounds of corrections or adjustments to your cover is allowed after receiving the first proof copy. The first round of corrections is free of charge, but any subsequent changes will result in an additional correction fee.